January 23, 2012

Pineapple

You could say that I've been a little obsessed with fruit lately. It's been the subject of many of my photos, and I can't seem to eat enough of it. Especially oranges and pineapple. Mmmm pineapple. But there is another reason for all of these photos of fruit...

I'm pregnant! And these little snapshots of kumquats and limes represent the baby that is growing in my belly. At 10 weeks, the baby was the size of a kumquat. 11 weeks was a fig (I never found one at any of the local stores). At 12, he or she was as big as a lime. And now, as I begin my 13th week, one site says it's the size of a medium shrimp. I'm going to skip this week's picture. Couldn't it have been something like a small peach instead? :)

Steve and I feel so incredibly blessed, the love from our families has been amazing, and we're already so excited for this next chapter in our lives. Most days, I still can't believe it (am I really going to be a mom??), but I know that God has a plan. I pray for his guidance and courage through it all.

And guess what? By week 33, the baby will weigh about as much as a pineapple. A pineapple! I can't wait.
{a mini kumquat from my January 10 on 10 photo set}

12 comments:

  1. Fun announcement Rachel! Love you and that sweet little baby you're growing....I'm going out on a limb here and guessing boy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had a feeling this was happening soon! So happy for you guys!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Super exciting Rachel! Congrats to you both!!! I hope you are feeling well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yipee!! Oh my goodness I am so excited for you guys - I also had a feeling this might be in the near future :) you and Steve will make the most incredible parents! Hope your feeling good these days and yes this was a totally adorable way to announce your pregnancy!! Congrats!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such wonderful happy news! I am thrilled for you, Rachel!! Continued blessings as you enjoy your first pregnancy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. RACH! I am so excited for you! BTW, I loved seeing you at Wholefoods over Christmas:) It's funny running into people who you haven't actually seen in awhile but who you stalk on a blog. :) Hey, so were we both pregnant when we saw each other? Too funny. So excited for you guys and I can't wait to see pregnancy updates!

    ReplyDelete
  7. rachel! that is so incredibly exciting!!!! what cute little fruit pictures. i love it! i hope you are feeling well and i cannot wait to get more updates. xoxo!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats! SO SO SO excited for you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I knew it! When you wrote that you were photographing fruit for a reason! LOVE IT! I am so excited for you! I only wish I could watch you as you did me. You are going to be a wonderful Mommy!

    ReplyDelete